[Python-Dev] Doc suggestion for Elementtree (for 2.5? a bitlate, I know...)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 29 11:37:54 CEST 2006

Greg Ewing wrote:
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>

>>ET was written years before the "certain modules should use camelcase" stuff
>>was removed from PEP 8.
>

> Maybe so, but I was hoping that additions to the
> stdlib in this day and age might be adapted to follow
> modern conventions instead of just being plonked in
> as-is.

Unfortunately this doesn't work if you want to encourage existing users
to migrate to the built-in version.

However, let's hope that Python 3000 will have enforcers patrolling the
perimeter of the library with shotguns. It does make us look rather dumb
when we set rules that our own code doesn't obey - or change the rules
after we've already encouraged contributions under other terms.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119