[Python-Dev] draft for bug guidelines

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Aug 29 19:15:51 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Brett Cannon wrote:
> > Made it the first step.  =)
> >
> > -Brett
> >
> > On 8/24/06, *Oleg Broytmann* <phd at oper.phd.pp.ru
> > <mailto:phd at oper.phd.pp.ru>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:21:06PM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> >      > Start a new bug
> >
> >        "Before starting a new bug please try to search if the bug has
> >     already
> >     been reported. It it has - do not start a new report, add your
> >     comments to
> >     the existing report."
> >
> You probably want to include some advice about how. Isn't this rather an
> inappropriate time to be writing SF user notes, given that you are
> planning to provide us with an alternative to SF by the end of the year?

No because we have people reporting bugs between now and the end of the year
which is four months away.

The last thing we need is a "how to submit a bug" article that sends
> people to the wrong repository ...

But the whole point is for these things to end up on
www.python.org/dev/where I will update them as soon as we have a new
tracker selected and
before the new tracker is even used.

-Brett