[Python-Dev] Error while building 2.5rc1 pythoncore_pgo on VC8

Muguntharaj Subramanian mugunth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:36:54 CEST 2006

Hi All,
I tried building python 2.5c1 using VC8.

Getting the following errors while building pythoncore_pgo:

   Creating library pythoncore_pgo/python25.lib and object
pythoncore_pgo/python25.exp
config.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_types
.\pythoncore_pgo/python25.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I checked pythoncore_pgo.vcproj file, it alreadu contains:

RelativePath="..\Modules\_typesmodule.c"

Can anyone give me some clue to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Mugunth

http://mugunth.blogspot.com
http://thamizha.com