[Python-Dev] Distribution tools: What I would like to see

Talin talin at acm.org
Wed Dec 6 08:31:23 CET 2006

Talin wrote:
> What I am doing right now is creating a new extension project using
> setuputils, and keeping notes on what I do. So for example, I start by
> creating the directory structure:
>
>     mkdir myproject
>     cd myproject
>     mkdir src
>     mkdir test

I'd forgotten about this until I was reminded in the python-dev summary
(dang those summaries are useful.) Anyway, I've put my notes on the
Wiki; you can find them here at:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/ExtensionTutorial

This is an extremely minimalist guide for people who want to write an
extension module, starting from nothing but a bare interpreter prompt.

If I made any mistakes, well - it's a wiki, you know what to do :)

-- Talin