[Python-Dev] [NPERS] Re: a feature i'd like to see in python #2: indexing of match objects

Alastair Houghton alastair at alastairs-place.net
Thu Dec 7 20:27:46 CET 2006

On 7 Dec 2006, at 18:54, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Alastair Houghton schrieb:
>> How about we remove the word "foolish" from the debate?
>
> We should table the debate. If you really want that feature,
> write a PEP. You want it, some people are opposed; a PEP is
> the procedure to settle the difference.

As I said a couple of e-mails back, I don't really have the time (I
have lots of other things to do, most of them more important [to me,
anyway]).  If someone else agrees and wants to do it, great.  If not,
as I said before, I'm happy to let whoever do whatever.  I might not
agree, but that's my problem.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--