[Python-Dev] Threading, atexit, and logging

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Dec 8 00:35:30 CET 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Also, if the interpreter invokes, say, threading._shutdown():
> that's also "user-screwable", as a user may put something else
> into threading._shutdown.

Although it would require being somewhat more deliberate,
since threading._shutdown clearly has something to do
with threading, whereas the atexit mechanism could get
screwed up by someone who wasn't even thinking about
what effect it might have on threading.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |