[Python-Dev] Pervasive socket failures on Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Feb 10 23:49:53 CET 2006

Tim Peters wrote:
> I don't know.  Of course it misses similar new tests added to _ssl.c
> (see the msg that started this thread), so it spreads beyond just
> this.  Does it do the right thing for Windows variants like Cygwin,
> and OS/2?  Don't know.

I see. How does Py_SOCKET_FD_CAN_BE_GE_FD_SETSIZE help here?
Does defining it in PC/pyconfig.h do the right thing?

I guess I'm primarily opposed to the visual ugliness of the
define. Why does it spell out "can be", but abbreviates
"greater than or equal to"? What about Py_CHECK_FD_SETSIZE?

Regards,
Martin