[Python-Dev] file.next() vs. file.readline()

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sat Feb 11 16:56:51 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 07:30:08PM +0100, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:10:07AM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I'd say go right ahead and submit a change to SF (and then after it's
> > reviewed you can check it in yourself :-).

> http://www.python.org/sf?id=1397960

So, any objections to me checking this in? It doesn't break anything that
wasn't already broken, but neither does it fix it; it just makes the error
more apparent. I don't think it'd be a bugfix candidate, since it changes
the effect of the error (rather than silently delivering data out of order,
it complains.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>