[Python-Dev] [Tutor] nice()

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 00:24:45 CET 2006

I have no particularly strong view on the concept (except that I usually
see the "problem" as a valuable opportunity to introduce a concept
that has far wider reaching consequences than floating point
numbers!).

However I do dislike the name nice() - there is already a nice() in the
os module with a fairly well understood function. But I'm sure some
time with a thesaurus can overcome that single mild objection. :-)

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor