[Python-Dev] bdist_* to stdlib?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Feb 14 08:19:46 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:04:26PM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> In private email, Phillip Eby suggested to add these things to the
> 2.5. standard library:
>
> bdist_deb, bdist_msi, and friends

FWIW, I've been using a patched distutils with bdist_deb, and it's worked
fine for the most part. The only issue I had was with a setuptools package
(rather than distutils), which I'm sure can be worked out. (Not that I'm
particularly convinced setuptools is the right approach for a .deb, but I
haven't really seen the point of setuptools anyway ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>