[Python-Dev] [Tutor] nice()

Crutcher Dunnavant crutcher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:48:59 CET 2006

On 2/12/06, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> >> However I do dislike the name nice() - there is already a nice() in the
> >> os module with a fairly well understood function. But I'm sure some
>
> > Presumably it would be located somewhere like the math module.
>
> For sure, but let's avoid as many name clashes as we can.
> Python is very good at managing namespaces but there are still a
> lot of folks who favour the
>
> from x import *
>
> mode of working.

Yes, and there are people who insist on drinking and driving, that
doesn't mean cars should be designed with that as a motivating
assumption. There are just too many places where you are going to get
name clashes, where something which is _obvious_ in one context will
have a different ( and _obvious_ ) meaning in another. Lets just keep
the namespaces clean, and not worry about inter-module conflicts.

--
Crutcher Dunnavant <crutcher at gmail.com>
littlelanguages.com