[Python-Dev] Generalizing *args and **kwargs

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Feb 15 20:40:49 CET 2006

On 2/15/06, Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net> wrote:
> I've been thinking about generalization of the *args/**kwargs syntax for
> quite a while, and even though I'm pretty sure Guido (and many people) will
> consider it overgeneralization, I am finally going to suggest it. This whole
> idea is not something dear to my heart, although I obviously would like to
> see it happen. If the general vote is 'no', I'll write a small PEP or add it
> to PEP 13 and be done with it.

Feel free to write a PEP so that at least we have a concrete proposal
where all the nuts and bolts have been thought through.

I'm currently not able to give much thought to any more new proposals,
so don't expect me to look at it any time soon. Unless a miracle
occurs it's off the table for 2.5 so there's no hurry.