[Python-Dev] http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel still available

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Wed Feb 15 21:52:49 CET 2006

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> As I said in an earlier message, there's no need to have a separate
> domain to restrict queries to just the doc/current part of python.org.
>  Just type
> "site:python.org/doc/current your query here"
>
> If there isn't any other rationale, maybe we can redirects
> docs.python.org back to www.python.org?

One possible reason, I'd like to be able to serve the docs up integrated
with the new design (with a full hierarchical navigation). I had planned
on leaving the docs.python.org as the raw tex2html conversion. If we got
rid of the docs.python.org would we still want the www.python.org in the
current style? Personally I was hoping that nearly all of the site could
be in the new html structure and design for consistency and usability
reasons.

Tim Parkin