[Python-Dev] ssize_t branch merged

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sat Feb 18 00:40:08 CET 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Just in case you haven't noticed, I just merged
> the ssize_t branch (PEP 353).
>
> If you have any corrections to the code to make which
> you would consider bug fixes, just go ahead.
>
> If you are uncertain how specific problems should be resolved,
> feel free to ask.
>
> If you think certain API changes should be made, please
> discuss them here - they would need to be reflected in the
> PEP as well.

What is PY_SSIZE_T_MAX supposed to be?  The definition in pyport.h
doesn't compile.

Shouldn't a lot of checks for INT_MAX be replaced with PY_SSIZE_T_MAX?
Like in the slice indexing code?

Thanks for all your effort on ssize_t fixing.  This is a *big* deal for
64-bit number crunching with Python.

-Travis