[Python-Dev] Adventures with ASTs - Inline Lambda

Talin talin at acm.org
Sat Feb 18 17:49:29 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:

>    talin> ... whereas with 'given' you can't be certain when to stop
>    talin> parsing the argument list.
>
>So require parens around the arglist:
>
>    (x*y given (x, y))
>
>Skip

I would not be opposed to mandating the parens, and its an easy enough
change to make. The patch on SF lets you do it both ways, which will
give people who are interested a chance to get a feel for the various
alternatives.

I realize of course that this is a moot point. But perhaps I can help to
winnow down the dozens of rejected lambda replacement proposals to just
a few rejected lamda proposals :)

-- Talin