[Python-Dev] Proposal: defaultdict

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:01:02 CET 2006

On 2/19/06, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> > You are missing the rationale of the PEP process. The point is
> > *not* documentation. The point of the PEP process is to channel
> > and collect discussion, so that the BDFL can make a decision.
> > The BDFL is not bound at all to the PEP process.
> >
> > To document things, we use (or should use) documentation.
> >

> One could wish this ideal had been the case for the import extensions
> defined in PEP 302.

(A bit off-topic, but that hit home, so I'll reply...)

Agreed, and it's my fault they weren't, to some extent. I did try to
find a suitable place, but the import docs are generally fairly
scattered, and there wasn't a particularly good place to put the
changes.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted...
Paul.