[Python-Dev] buildbot is all green

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 23:35:02 CET 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>> All formats would be improved of the headers could be made to float at
>> the top of the page as scrolling took place.
>
> Can this be done in CSS? If so, contributions are welcome.

Not as it is. The big table would have to be split so that there is one table
with the heading and one with the rest. But that would make the columns
independent, so the header's column widths would differ from the content's.

Even then, I don't know if there's a working solution for the headers to stay
on top since
* floats are only left or right aligned
* the header's height is variable
* position:absolute doesn't work in MSIE.

regards,
Georg