[Python-Dev] buildbot vs. Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Feb 21 22:36:51 CET 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
>>How many of those do you see when you ignore the warnings you get
>>while building the Carbon extensions? Those extensions wrap loads of
>>deprecated functions, each of which will give a warning.
>

> RIght:
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/g4%20osx.4%20trunk/builds/138/step-compile/0
>
> Most but not all of the warnings are due to Carbon AFAICT.  I'd like
> to fix those that are important, but it's so far down on the priority
> list. :-(

Should we build with -Wno-deprecated (or whatever it is spelled) on OSX?
In general, "deprecated" warnings are useless for Python. We *know* we
are providing wrappers around many deprecated functions. We will (nearly
automatically) discontinue wrapping the functions when they get removed.

Regards,
Martin