[Python-Dev] buildbot vs. Windows

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:30:31 CET 2006

On 2/21/06, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the most fruitful variations (IME) for finding code errors are
> using -r and running a debug build too, I'd change the current
> run-all-the-time recipes to:
>
> - Stop doing the second "without deleting .py[co]" run.
> - Do one run with a release build.
> - Do one run with a debug build.
> - Use -uall -r for both.

I agree with this, but don't know a clean way to do 2 builds.  I
modified buildbot to:

 - Stop doing the second "without deleting .py[co]" run.
 - Do one run with a debug build.
 - Use -uall -r for both.

Buildbot does *not* also do a release build.  That's the only
difference between your request above.  I agree that it would be
desirable, but I think the debug build is more important than the
release build right now.

We don't have to make this perfect right now.  We can talk about this
at PyCon and resolve the remaining issues.  One thing that would be
nice is to have the master.cfg checked in somewhere so we can track
changes.