[Python-Dev] buildbot, and test failures

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Feb 23 00:36:12 CET 2006

It took 2 hours, but I caught up on Python-dev email. Hoorah.

So, couple of things - the trunk has test failures for me, right now.
test test_email failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/anthony/src/py/pytrunk/python/Lib/email/test/test_email.py",
line 2111, in test_parsedate_acceptable_to_time_functions
    eq(time.localtime(t)[:6], timetup[:6])
AssertionError: (2003, 2, 5, 14, 47, 26) != (2003, 2, 5, 13, 47, 26)

Right now, Australia's in daylight savings, I suspect that's the
problem here.

I also see intermittent failures from test_socketserver:
test_socketserver
test test_socketserver crashed -- socket.error: (111, 'Connection
refused')
is the only error message. When it fails, regrtest fails to exit - it
just sits there after printing out the summary. This suggests that
there's a threaded server not getting cleaned up correctly.
test_socketserver could probably do with a rewrite.

Who's the person who hands out buildbot username/password pairs? I
have an Ubuntu x86 box here that can become one (I think the only
linux, currently, is Gentoo...)

Anthony