[Python-Dev] Fwd: Translating docs

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 03:14:20 CET 2006

2006/2/25, martin at v.loewis.de <martin at v.loewis.de>:

> Translating the library reference as such is more difficult, because
> it can't be translated in small chunks very well.

The SVN directory "python/dist/src/Doc/lib/" has 276 .tex's, with an
average of 250 lines each.

Maybe manage each file independently could work.

> Some group of French translators once translated everything for 1.5.2,
> and that translation never got updated.

We're afraid of this. And that's why we think that it'd be necessary
to have some automated system that tell us if the original file got
updated, if there're new files to translate, to show the state of the
translation (in process, finished, not even started, etc...).

I think that a system like this is not so difficult, but if the wheel
is already invented...

.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/