[Python-Dev] str.count is slow

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Feb 28 07:38:38 CET 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> moving to (basic) C++ might also be a good idea (in 3.0, perhaps).  is any-
> one still stuck with pure C89 these days ?

Some of us actually *prefer* working with plain C
when we have a choice, and don't consider ourselves
"stuck" with it.

My personal goal in life right now is to stay as
far away from C++ as I can get. If CPython becomes
C++-based (C++Python?) I will find it quite
distressing, because my most favourite language will
then be built on top of my least favourite language.

Greg