[Python-Dev] Sharing between multiple interpreters and restricted mode

Gabriel Becedillas lists at core-sdi.com
Wed Jan 4 18:43:15 CET 2006

Hi,
At the company I work for we've embedded Python 2.4.1 in a C++
application. We execute multiple scripts concurrenlty, each one in its
own interpreter (created using Py_NewInterpreter()).
We are sharing a certain instance between interpreters because its to
expensive to instantiate that class every time an interpreter is
created. The class is instantiated in the main interpreter (that is
always alive) and every time a new interpreter is created, that
instance is added to the interpreter's __builtins__ dict.
The problem I'm having is that some methods of that class (when
executed in an interpreter different from the one it was created in)
complain about being in restricted execution mode.
Assuming that there are no issues with this instance lifetime (coz it
will always be referenced by the main interpreter), is there a safe way
to do some sharing between interpreters ?.
Thanks.

--

Gabriel Becedillas
Developer