[Python-Dev] New PEP: Using ssize_t as the index type

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:11:34 CET 2006

[I just noticed that I sent this mail to just Martin when I meant it
for the list. Sorry Martin!]

On 1/5/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> More precisely, the printf style of function calling, and varargs
> functions. ISO C is pretty type safe, but with varargs functions,
> you lose that completely.
>
> I still hope I can write a C parser some day that does
> ParseTuple/BuildValue checking.

I put together a non-parsing checker last month to help me feel more
secure after http://python.org/sf/1365916. It's awful code, but the
simple things are easy to change or extend. Fixing the false positives
and other misinterpretations is harder.

http://www.tortall.net/mu/static/fmtcheck.py?raw - it takes a list of
directories to os.walk for c source files.

Michael
--
Michael Urman  http://www.tortall.net/mu/blog