[Python-Dev] Birkenfeld's gone

Georg Brandl g.brandl-nospam at gmx.net
Sun Jan 8 11:21:03 CET 2006

Hello,

today, when two Python developers here had approached me about the PSF, I
realized that it is time to correct a mistake which I had made over three years
ago, when I discovered Linux, free software, Usenet etc (I was sixteen at that time).

I then assumed a different name, partly to anonymize myself as others had advised.
When I came across Python, I instantly liked it, and since I had interest in
Open Source development in general, I wanted to try and contribute to the development.
And, as a matter of course, I used my different name for that. When I realized that
I liked the community and the development of Python very much, I decided to
"unveil" myself, but I could never overcome myself -- till now.

I'm really sorry, and I hope you could at least partly understand what caused
me to act so irrational.

regards,
Georg

PS: I'm quite prepared now for the PSU to visit my place and interrog