[Python-Dev] Checking in a broken test was: Re: [Python-checkins]r41940 - python/trunk/Lib/test/test_compiler.py

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Sun Jan 8 18:34:59 CET 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 12:19, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
 > I don't know how hard it would be, but I would also consider this
 > appropriate. Of course, this should work on a case-by-case basis:
 > if there are multiple test methods in a class, unexpected passes
 > of each method should be reported.

I like the way trial (from twisted) supports this.  The test method is written
normally, in whatever class makes sense.  Then the test is marked with an
attribute to say it isn't expected to pass yet.  When the code is fixed and
the test passes, you get that information in trial's output, and can unmark
the test.  This avoids having to refactor test classes just to update the
status of a test.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>