[Python-Dev] locale and LC_NUMERIC

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:14:48 CET 2006

On 1/9/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > I would have expected the first call to setlocale() to return de_DE.
>
> No, it shouldn't. We are providing C semantics here, which is that
> no locale functionality is activated unless the application explicitly
> asks for it.

Thanks (to /f too).  That was the part that I was missing.  It makes sense now.

I made the patch to do this.  It's called before each class' test run
in regrtest.py.  I would prefer to set the locale before each test
method run, but I need to muck with unittest for that IIRC.

There were 2 failures.  One was in test_email which needs the C locale
for generating the proper timestamp.  The other was (IIRC) in test_re,
2 methods failed.  So we are hopefully in decent shape.