[Python-Dev] Tkinter

Rodrigues, Joseph jorodrig at sfwmd.gov
Tue Jan 10 22:17:12 CET 2006

Thanks for your reply.  (I won't bug you on this with lots of email) but I would really like a comment or two on the other python GUIs viz. wxPython and QtPy.

Would you say wxPython and QtPy are competing with TKinter or vice versa?

Why wxPyton and/or QtPy when TKinter is alive and well?

Why am I asking about this?
I am working with an application that my agency started with TKinter and is investigating if we should stay with it or consider the others and have not been able to get the kind of direction anywhere.  In addition, we purchased the John E. Grayson book but realized it is from 2000 and is wondering what is missing that has been developed in TKinter since 2000?  Why has the book become so dated with no updates?  This led me to consider that TKinter may be on its way out and we need to consider the other GUI toolkits.

I am glad for you response and understand if you cannot dwell too long on this topic.

Sincerely
Joseph