[Python-Dev] Birkenfeld's gone

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 05:20:10 CET 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 6:46 PM, Tim Peters wrote:
> I hope that revealing my true name too, and outing Aahz, will inspire
> everyone to reveal their secret powers and home planets too.  I won't

OK, there I go -- "Alessandro Ferruccio Raffaele Martelli-Fortini".
Good thing it's spelled in full only in one obscure church register
and an even obscurer "Italian Register of Gentry", because I even
feel it an imposition to have to spell out my legal first name
"Alessandro" in some documents (it's that way in my passport, alas!)
rather than the "Alex" I prefer... besides, no American ever spelled
"Alessandro" right, I think they'd lose US citizenship if they did,
or something, so I wanna stick with "Alex", which even THEY hardly
ever manage to mis-spell (so they take their revenge by spelling my
surname "Martinelli", like a popular local brand of [NON-alcoholic,
yeck] cider... can't win, can't break even...).

Unfortunately none of my secret powers has to do with forcing
Americans to spell correctly (indeed, that's rather my secret
_weakness_ -- just seeing "its" and "it's" freely exchanged for each
other instantly saps my will to live!)...

Alex