[Python-Dev] Names matter.

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 16 23:10:54 CET 2006

[Jim Fulton]
> certainly, it should not be acceptable to contribute to Python
> under a false name.

What do you mean "contribute to Python"?  Do you mean become one of
the developers listed on sourceforge?  Contribute any patches, even
simple documentation ones?  Review, comment and test patches?  Work
on pydotorg?  Write python-dev summaries?  Give money to the PSF?
(These, and many other things, are all contributing to Python, IMO).

I can understand that for legal purposes having some sort legally
valid name might be required in some cases (e.g. contributing
significant amounts of code), but wouldn't having that name known to
the PSF suffice?  I don't see how a pseudonym hurts when dealing with
the "public".

=Tony.Meyer