[Python-Dev] Additions to the functional module

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:58:00 CET 2006

Hello,

I just submitted patch #1410119, adding foldl and foldr functions to
Modules/functionalmodule.c (plus docs and tests in the appropriate
places).

If there's interest from the higher-ups, I'm interested in adding
numerous other functional programming tools to this module. In
addition to C implementations, I would also provide documentation and
further additions to test/test_functional.py to cover the new
functions.

Also, I've started a project to offer a pure-python implementation of
the C-language functional module, which I plan to keep in sync with
the module in the standard library. If there's any interest in
including something like this in Demo/, I'd be keen to contribute it
as well.

Thanks,
Collin Winter