[Python-Dev] New Pythondoc by effbot

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Sun Jan 22 20:18:41 CET 2006

Tim Parkin wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>>I believe there's a CSS trick (most often used for images) that can
>>makes the summary window "float" to the right so that below it the
>>main text resumes the full breadth of the window. If you can pull that
>>off I think this is a good addition!
>>

> Something like this...
>
> http://beta.python.org/download/releases/2.4.1/

It would also be simple to add an 'alternate stylesheet' that can hide
the left hand navigation. A small link could be added to switch styles
(which would include javascript) but all good browsers allow you to
choose which stylesheet you wish to use without the aid of javascript
(which I beleive should only be used for 'optional enhancements' to a
website).

The layout also positions the main navigation at the bottom of the html
source so the first items you see using a 'text browser' are the
breadcrumb and document level navigation.

Tim Parkin