[Python-Dev] stabilizing builds

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:01:36 CET 2006

I would really like to stabilize a bunch of the current rough edges in
2.5.  We are likely to have enough instability with the PEP 353
changes, so it would be better to fix some of these issues sooner
rather than later.  There are a bunch of tests that are not stable.
It would really help to get people knowledgeable about a particular
subdomain to provide input into bugs/patches and produce patches too!

The areas that are known to have problems are listed here:
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot

It would be nice to clean those issues up.  Does anyone have some time
to spend to resolve the issues with Berkeley DB?  That's the one that
annoys me most right now.  I have a patch that fixes at least one of
the problems, but no idea if it's the correct solution or not.
http://python.org/sf/1407992

PS. In case you are interested in all the problems:

* BSD DB 4.1 and 3.2 fail
* test_pty is brittle on solaris 10, sometimes it works, sometimes not
* getaddrinfo() configure check sometimes fails on OS X 10.3