[Python-Dev] stabilizing builds

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Tue Jan 24 21:22:38 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:01:36PM -0800, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> rather than later.  There are a bunch of tests that are not stable.
> It would really help to get people knowledgeable about a particular
> subdomain to provide input into bugs/patches and produce patches too!
>
> The areas that are known to have problems are listed here:
>     http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot
>
> It would be nice to clean those issues up.  Does anyone have some time
> to spend to resolve the issues with Berkeley DB?  That's the one that
> annoys me most right now.  I have a patch that fixes at least one of
> the problems, but no idea if it's the correct solution or not.
> http://python.org/sf/1407992

Nice!  It does fix the associate test problem on BerkeleyDB 3.3-4.1
and 4.2-4.4 continue to pass.  I committed it.  Good to have tests
passing again when using "old" but still common BerkeleyDBs.

> * BSD DB 4.1 and 3.2 fail

Using BerkeleyDB 3.2 often segfaults for me; using 3.3 often hangs in
the test suite.  Both are so old I don't see much motivation to track
the issues down.