[Python-Dev] Extension to ConfigParser

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Tue Jan 31 20:43:00 CET 2006

Michael Foord wrote:
> Tony Meyer wrote:
>> [Guido van Rossum]
>> Add 'surgical editing' to ConfigParser
>>      http://python.org/sf/1410680
>> Adds an update_file method (no other changes) that updates the given
>> file to match the current configuration, preserving blank lines,
>> comments, and order.  [Disclaimer: this is my patch]
>>

> This one however does, and if it does what it says on the box - is
> definitely worth accepting.

I've spent a small amount of time playing with this patch, and the
intent is there, but it appears to have some obvious bugs with adding
blank lines and (at least) making an empty [DEFAULT] section appear and
disappear. I'm not sure that this is the place to make these comments,
so I will stop with that.

In case it wasn't clear, I am new here.. Hi.

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com
dialsa at rose-hulman.edu