[Python-Dev] Import semantics

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:13:39 CEST 2006

On 7/5/06, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>     Frank> That said, I still regard Samuele Pedroni as the ultimate
>     Frank> authority on Jython and give him pretty much full veto power.  He
>     Frank> fortunately continues to watch the checkins and prods me when I
>     Frank> go in the wrong direction.
>
> Does that make Samele the DBPV (Dictator benevolo per vita)? ;-)
>
> Skip

I wonder if Samuele even wants that role?

Anyway, I believe Samuele has more experience with Jython as it is
currently implemented than anyone else, so I must take anything he
says about Jython very seriously.  However, when it comes to pure
*Python* matters (no C and no J) which includes half of Jython's
import semantics, I think it is still Guido's opinion that matters
most.  Without that, there is too much chaos.

-Frank