[Python-Dev] Explicit Lexical Scoping (pre-PEP?)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jul 10 14:49:39 CEST 2006

    >> > Part of the reason why its so hard to name this feature is that
    >> > it's real name is something like "Hey, Python, you know that cool
    >> > funky thing you do with defining variables in the same scope as
    >> > they are assigned?  Well, don't do that here."

    Guido> Sorry, that sounds like a B.S. argument. You can translate most
    Guido> language constructs into long sentences if you want to.

I think Talin's got a point though.  It seems hard to find one short English
word that captures the essence of the desired behavior.  None of the words
in his list seem strongly suggestive of the meaning to me.  I suspect that
means one's ultimately as good (or as bad) as the rest.

how-about-"lookout"?-ly, y'rs,

Skip