[Python-Dev] Doctest and Footnotes

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Tue Jul 11 13:33:10 CEST 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> It would be nice if tracebacks in the footnote show the invoking context

Yep.  Someone (Jim Fulton I think) had suggested that to me.  I'll look
into it.

> My other thought would be that having a patch that works against the 2.5
> version of doctest would be good

My intent is to update zope.testing to the 2.5 version of doctest and
generate a new patch against that.

It would be even better if there were a stand-alone release of doctest
instead, or (another Jim suggestion) if doctest were made extensible.  I
have another doctest/ReST idea I'd like to try some time (using ReST
tables for FIT), so if there's interest perhaps I'll try my hand at a
plugin system of some sort. (wish I could use zope.component :)
--
Benji York