[Python-Dev] Minor: Unix icons for 2.5?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 11 23:28:58 CEST 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:
> In case we add a Python .desktop file (as proposed in patch #1353344),
> we'll need some PNGs in /usr/share/icons. A patch for Makefile.pre.in
> is attached.

Independent of whether this should be done at all, I have a comment on
the patch. Instead of invoking sed, I would use autoconf machinery here

> +Exec=python_VER_ %f

This would become

Exec=python at VERSION@@EXEEXT@ %f

> +       sed 's/_VER_/$(VERSION)$(EXE)/' $(srcdir)/Misc/python.desktop.in >
> $(srcdir)/Misc/python.desktop

This could go away, and configure should grow

AC_CONFIG_FILES(Makefile.pre Modules/Setup.config Misc/python.desktop)

Regards,
Martin