[Python-Dev] User's complaints

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Jul 12 22:29:08 CEST 2006

Hi Brett,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 06:05:21PM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> It is the last point in the first paragraph on time.strftime() discussing
> what changed in Python 2.4 as to what the change was.  It's also in
> Misc/NEWS .  Basically the guy didn't read the release notes or the docs to
> see why that changed and that it was legitimate and needed for stability.

Surely everybody should read and think carefully about each (longish)
NEWS file for each software package whenever they update their machines
or switch to one with newer software than they last used.

Or if they cannot bother, surely they should read at least Python's?

I guess I'm going to side with Greg Black on his blog entry.
Only two breakages is certainly nice, and I know that we all try quite
hard to minimize that; that's probably still two breakages too much.

Armin