[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Jul 14 13:37:28 CEST 2006

"A.M. Kuchling" wrote:
>> While the new python.org is very nice, I do note that there's no "blogs"
>> entry on the front page, something which has become a fixture on almost
>> every other website I visit regularly.
>
> A 'Blogs' link could be trivially added by linking to
> planet.python.org, though the blogs collected there are not in any way
> 'the Python developers', but a jumble of developers and users.  I
> don't think enough core developers have weblogs (or write about
> Python) to make a 'python-dev only' planet very useful.

on the other hand, the material you're producing for the "what's new" document
would be a rather excellent development blog in itself.  just post new sections to
the blog when they're ready...

(add PEP announcements and python-dev summary items to the mix, and you
have a high-quality development blog generated entirely from existing content)

(hmm.  maybe this could be put together by a robot?  time to start hacking on
"The Daily URL 2.0 Beta", I suppose...)

</F>