[Python-Dev] Community buildbots

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jul 16 06:29:29 CEST 2006

<glyph at divmod.com> wrote in message
news:20060715181952.29014.1007814129.divmod.quotient.38416 at ohm...

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:13:35 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>Other developers do the same.  Periodically (once a week?), when PAT is
>                                              ^
>                                     "once per checkin to Python trunk"

If the average rate of checkins is equal to or greater than the maximum
rate of test runs then that is physically impossible.  (Indeed, queueing
theory suggests that  keeping the queue size small requires that the
checkin be more like half the test rate.)  This appears to be currently
true for the Python trunk buildbot and I would expect running the test of
numerous large applications would take even longer, making the test rate
even lower.  If you want something like twisted run against multiple Python
versions a day, I suspect you will have to do so on a system you control.

Terry Jan Reedy