[Python-Dev] new guy

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jul 17 22:53:34 CEST 2006

On 7/17/06, matt westerburg <westymatt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi my name is Matt Westerburg, I am a student and have only recently
> gotten into Python.  But have fallen in love with the language thus far.
> Fantastic language and thank you very much for making it what it is today.
> I am looking into getting into working on Python.  Still need sometime
> working with the language, but I am interested in both the standard library
> and the interpreter.  Can anyone recommend a good starting place?

First, welcome!

Second, in terms of a good starting point, you can read
http://www.python.org/dev/intro for an introduction on how things work
around here (roughly) and what it takes to get something in.

Really the best way to get introduced is to read this mailing list and to
dive into some source (reviewing a patch can be a good way to go about
this).

-Brett