[Python-Dev] Problem with super() usage

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jul 18 19:02:20 CEST 2006

On 7/18/06, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> I think this was Greg's point.  Talking about C++ and super() is
> nonsensical.

If you're talking pure C++, yes. But I was talking about programming
system built on top of C++ implementing cooperating multitasking.

As I am fond of repeating, if the ideas originally came from Lisp, I
don't know -- I got them from this book:

Putting Metaclasses to Work: A New Dimension in Object-Oriented
Programming, by Ira R. Forman and Scott H. Danforth. Addison-Wesley,
1999, ISBN 0-201-43305-2.

It uses C++ (or perhaps a language very much like it), not Lisp. And
it has super.