[Python-Dev] JSON implementation in Python 2.6

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jul 27 00:41:41 CEST 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 3:18 PM, John J Lee wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> [...]
>> Actually, I would see more reason to include JSON in the standard
>> library,
>> since it's at least something approaching an internet protocol
>> these days.
>
> +1

If there's a consensus on that, my simplejson [1] implementation
could migrate to the stdlib for 2.6.

The API is modeled after marshal and pickle, the code should be PEP 8
compliant, its test suite has pretty good coverage, it's already used
by (at least) TurboGears and Django, and it's the implementation
currently "endorsed by" json.org.

The work that would be required would be:

- LaTeX docs (currently reST in docstrings)
- Move the tests around and make them run from the suite rather than
via nose
- Possible module rename (jsonlib?)

[1] http://undefined.org/python/#simplejson

-bob