[Python-Dev] New miniconf module

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jul 27 15:54:17 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:46:04PM +0100, Michael Foord wrote:
> > leaves for a safe and cross-version dumper/loader for simple objects
> > using the Python syntax.  In the same spirit, maybe it could be slightly
> > re-oriented towards a dumper/loader for more than config files; for
> > example, it could provide a safe inverse of repr() for common built-in
> > types.  Such a functionality has been discussed here a few times if I
> > remember correctly, but the code in miniconf is very close to providing
> > it.
> >
> ConfigObj [1] gained an 'unrepr' mode a while back. The code is simple,
> and originally came from CherryPy.

I'm sure, but my point was that the discussed miniconf already contains
mostly the same code already, so I suggested that it would be a
worthwhile addition to it, in its stdlib-hole-filler role.

If it goes in that direction, I'd suggest to rename the module to give
it a name closer to existing persistence-related modules already in the
stdlib.

Armin