[Python-Dev] uuid test suite failing

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Jul 27 18:36:47 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 05:40:57PM +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
> The UUID test suite, which wasn't run by regrtest.py until now, is
> now failing on some buildbots (and my machine). This should be fixed
> before releasing something.

Looking at the failures, there seem to be two problems on Unix variants:
 1) on some, '/sbin/ifconfig' prints a help message; you need 'ifconfig -a'
    to print information about all interfaces.
 2) on Solaris 9 (the only version in the SF compile farm), I can't
    figure out how to make ifconfig print MAC addresses at all.
    Searching online finds the incantation 'arp <hostname>' to print the
    MAC.

The XP build fails because it seems to be getting different node IDs
from different calls.

The cygwin build is very unhappy, for reasons that don't look
connected to the newly-enabled tests.

--amk