[Python-Dev] uuid test suite failing

Matt Fleming mattjfleming at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 27 23:21:52 CEST 2006

> On 27/07/06, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> > IIRC at least some versions of HP-UX do not support the -a flag for
> > ifconfig, I'll check this tomorrow.
> >
> > Ronald

  td192> /usr/sbin/ifconfig
  usage: ifconfig interface
         [ af [ address [ dest_addr ] ] [ up ] [ down ][ netmask mask ] ]
         [ metric n ]
         [ arp | -arp ]
         [ plumb | unplumb ]
  td192> /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a
  ifconfig: no such interface
  td192> uname -a
  HP-UX td192 B.11.11 U 9000/800 1839940656 unlimited-user license

Also fixed this test on my NetBSD machine by using 'ifconfig -a' and
checking for 'address:' in the output. But as Ronald said, not all
platforms support the '-a' flag. Not sure if this will fix the OpenBSD
buildbot, I don't have access to an OpenBSD machine.

Matt

--
http://mattssanctuary.blogspot.com