[Python-Dev] Patch submitted, now what?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jul 31 21:56:58 CEST 2006

On 7/31/06, Chad Whitacre <chad at zetaweb.com> wrote:

> Brett,
>
> Thanks for the helpful reply.
>

> > Let it sit for now.  We get email notifications when new patches come
> in.
>
> Can I ask who "we" are? Is that the seven SF "Project Admins?" Is that
> the 68 SF "Developers?"

"We" is most of the developers on python-dev.  There is a Python patches
mailing list that most developers subscribe to.

And is every patch eventually responded to? Or do some simply fall by
> the wayside?

The latter unfortunatley.  Since this all relies on people's volunteer
efforts the patch usually has to matter to someone to lead to them putting
the time and effort into getting it checked in.

> Those docs needs to be overhauled.  I am planning to consolidate into a
> > single patch guidelines doc in a month or so.
>
> Great! I'd be happy to review it when the time comes, if that'd be
> helpful.

Yep, it would be.

-Brett