[Python-Dev] Patch submitted, now what?

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Mon Jul 31 23:07:23 CEST 2006

Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

> I notice that my message comes across pretty negative.

No worries. I'm a volunteer too. :)

> It's a new feature, so it can't possibly get into Python 2.5. That means
> that no action is likely taken before October. It might take years until
> the patch gets considered.

Helpful, thanks.

> As Skip explains, I have a 5-for-1-rule for people who really want
> to push their patches: If you review 5 patches, I will review yours

Yeah, this hit the bulls-eye for me. The 5-for-1 rule is a great way to
specify how newcomers can influence patch workflow w/o becoming
spammers. [Brett: +1 on mentioning this in the updated Patch Guidelines]

Watch for another post once I've found the time to volunteer to review 5
other patches. :)

Thanks again, all! Consider my original questions answered.

chad